Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tomorrow is paycheck #2! I love getting a "real-world" paycheck, but I don't like that it only comes once a month. Bah.

This weekend, Josh and I are going to Georgetown, TX, to see his brother Ben conduct his marching band at Area. We are staying in a hotel, which is really special for us. We are going to see some of his family, also, which will be nice. We have to come back Sunday for Josh to work at church.

My job is still wonderful. At least once a week, I have a parent or a fellow staff member telling me how great of a job they think I'm doing. I'm sitting here feeling like I'm barely staying afloat! From what I've heard from others, kids are more excited to come to music this year. I have 70 fourth and fifth graders in my choir, which is about double last year's number. Parents are telling me how excited their kids are about starting recorders. The encouragement I've gotten has really kept me going. The Lord knows what I need to hear to reassure me that I'm where I'm meant to be. And I KNOW I'm where He has placed me, and I am most definitely blessed by it.

1 month until we move into our new place! I'll post pictures when moving day comes.

I am SO excited for all of the good things going on. Babies, engagements, pregnancies, stress-less jobs (not teaching, Cassandra!)....makes my day everytime I hear about all of the good things happening!

2 comments:

Shaunna said...

Yay for paychecks! What a blessing to be surrounded by such encouraging co workers! Sounds like you're doing a great job and are loved by lots of people!

Happy to see the update- Keep 'em coming!

Sarah said...

Yay Sarah - I'm glad you and Josh are doing so well - I miss you!!!