A few updates...
-My "Winter Around the World" program was WONDERFUL! There wasn't even standing room left in our cafetorium (fancy elementary school word). All of the comments I received, principal included, were positive and supportive. I was even given TWO bunches of flowers, one from Choir, one from the third grade class. As a director of a program, that is the most humbling experience. It also reminded me that, yeah, sometimes class/rehearsal is rough, but we respect eachother and have a common goal despite those things. Josh came to watch, and even he was impressed.
-Christmas was great. We made our "Tour of Texas" the week after Christmas. On Christmas morning, my parents came over and I made breakfast for all of us. I gotta say, it was kind of wierd having Christmas morning at my house instead of theirs. It's the whole growing up thing...
-School is back on for Josh and I. He completed and "I-Term" last week and earned 3 hours of credit for college ministry. He absolutely loved that class, and more and more each day, we are moving toward the possibility of doing campus ministry full time. That, most likely, means we would be raising our own funding and moving to a state like Colorado. More on that later.
-Tomorrow is a half-day for me, which means no teaching. However, I have lunch duty from 10:15-noon! Much longer than I'm used to, but at least I'll get to spend time with the kids. Grades need to go in tomorrow, as well. In the afternoon, I'm hosting a meeting for the other elementary music teachers so we can work on choreography for a choir concert in May. Should be fun.
-No school on Monday! MLK Day!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment