Monday, March 9, 2009

Countdown to Spring Break: 4 days.

Josh and I are heading to Colorado for Spring Break. His family has graciously offered to pay for all of our food and our stay there (Pagosa Springs, to be exact)...how could we say no? Not only will we be out of state for Spring Break for the first time...ever....but we will also be going to check out 1 or 2 colleges around Colorado. It's a place we are seriously looking at to move once Josh graduates. His deep desire is for campus ministry, and there is a dire need in Colorado. Josh's collegiate ministry professor was the BSM guy at OU for 30 years, and is on the board that chooses who goes to which campus to start a ministry. He's been in contact with Josh over the past few months, and has been instrumental in getting us to go to Colorado. Whatever happens, it's going to be a great trip.

Over the past month, lots has happened. Here goes...

-Josh and I worked at the D-Now at our church (called "Elevate") and both had seniors. It was an amazing weekend, and very spiritually renewing for me. I grew close to my girls, and we shared tons over the weekend. God moved in a huge way that weekend.
-TMEA in San Antonio was amazing. I learned SO much about music education and have begun applying lots of that new knowledge in my classroom.
-Valentine's Day apart from Josh was no fun. But, when I came back, he had all of these little notes posted around the house. At the end of the note trail was a brand new digital camera! Now I can take pictures!

-On the day after Valentine's Day, Stacey and Wes welcomed Makenzie Grace Jordan into the world! We have been waiting patiently for her to arrive. Last weekend, Josh and I made the trip to San Angelo to see the Jordan's. Everyone seems to be doing well, and Makenzie is precious. I love her and she's not even mine.

-This week, I'm starting Financial Peace University at church. Has anyone taken this already? I've heard great things about it. Any sound financial advice is always welcome in the Lilly house.

One last question. Are there any natural family planners out there? I'm curious. I'm stopping birth control for a few reasons, and am looking into nfp. If you have any insight, I'd love to hear it if you're willing to share.

Have a WONDERFUL week, everyone! I'll end with a couple of pictures...


Me with Makenzie. She's sleeping, and just by looking at her, I don't think she looks comfy...

Me and my love, Josh. He's fantastic!





No comments: