We are FINALLY moved in to our apartment in Fort Worth! Things are going wonderfully so far....it's only been a week tomorrow.
When we first got to our apartment, it was NOTHING like I expected. I had some pretty high expectations based on the apartment we toured last June. This one is a different floorplan (which I hated at first) and has carpet (how dare it! I wanted hardwoods!) and the kitchen is smaller than I remember. However, I LOVE it now. How dare I be so picky when the Lord's been so gracious to us. This place is full of charm, especially now that we have some great furniture in it! When we have everything in place (we're lacking our tv stand that wasn't shipped as scheduled...) and once the place is cleaner, I'll take pictures and post them.
I am OFFICIALLY the elementary music teacher at Beck Elementary now...meaning....I sent in my contract that I signed and the position has been taken off of the website! I also have my dates for New Teacher Orientation. There's lots to be excited about!
Something else wonderful is that we've found a new church home (already!!) and it only took one visit to know it would be a great fit for us. Also, this church needed a College Associate and Josh has the job (it's in the works, but mostly there) and he's very excited. The church is First Baptist Carrollton. It's about twice the size of Glen Meadows and is very well established. They have an amazing choir, the preacher is sound, and the college kids are starving for a real college ministry. Although it's about an hour away, it's worth the drive!
I've got The Devil Wears Prada on our new tv, so I'm gonna finish watching it! Love y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I linked from Shaunna's blog, wondering who is Sarah Lily...oh wait, I know her. It waws good to read how you are doing. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Yay Sarah!! That is wonderful to hear! I'm so excited for you...and I'll have to come 'tour' your apartment this summer sometime ;) Miss you!
Post a Comment