Friday, June 6, 2008

While Josh is studying Greek, I get to sit here and post on my blog! It's been a few weeks.

So far, Fort Worth is good. We are getting closer to being fully unpacked. We have our new furniture in and everything looks great! Our couch is very comfy, our bed is wonderful, and I definitely can't complain about the new tv. Everyday, this place feels more like a home. We have been going to the RAC almost every day to work out. It's been good being so close to some great ammenities.

Josh began his position as the College Associate at FBC Carrollton. He absolutely loves the job with the execption of one thing-the drive. It takes about an hour to get to church from home. Then, it's another hour to drive back. My parents have been so gracious to let us come over to their house in between Sunday morning and evening, and they even let us stay the night on Sunday night when Josh has to be back in the office on Monday morning. Luckily again, Josh only needs to be in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and the occasional Fridays.

This past Tuesday, I had to go to the Northwest ISD Admin Bldg. for New Hire Orientation. While I was there, I got my email account, my Eduphoria account, my cool new nametag, and lots of forms filled out. After the 3-hour ordeal, I drove accross the highway to my school and spent the afternoon with my principal and the librarian. During that time, I met lots of faculty and learned my way around the school. I can't tell you how wonderful my principal is! She's wonderful to talk to, willing to help with whatever I need, and a phenomenal Christian force at the school. She's going to be a great support during my first year teaching. I also got to see my "technology" that I'll have in my room. I get my own laptop, umm...this tablet thing where whatever I write on it shows up on the screen/board, and my own iPod! For teaching! I have yet to figure out what it's for, but either way, it's cool! The only negative thing I can see from my school is, again, the commute. It will take me about 45 minutes in the morning to get there. Bummer.

With all this commuting happening, Josh and I are discussing the possibility of moving to a place that is between Trophy Club (my school) and church (Carrollton) and still be an alright drive to Seminary for Josh's classes (Fort Worth). So far, we've discussed moving to Grapevine. It would be 15 minutes to TC, 20 to Carrollton, and 30 to SWBTS. We don't know if we would rent again, or try to find a house to buy. The earliest we would move would be December.

Last week, Josh and I drove to Horseshoe Bay to see his step-brother graduate from Llano HS. On the way back, we stopped in Salado for lunch and met up with Eric and Michelle. It's been awhile since we've seen them, so it was really great to catch up.

That's life so far. Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be hanging out with the fabulous Amanda Brown, who is coming to stay tonight before she flies out to Washington tomorrow. YAY! XOXO

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I used the website www.scrapblog.com. You can create your own like I did, or you can use an already existing template. I really wanted to put a picture of all four of us in one of the frames, but I didn't have one that would fit. If we go to the Rangers game we'll have to take a picture that I can use!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're getting settled in! It sounds like everything's working out well for you. I hope you can find a good place to move! :)

Michelle said...

Nice scrapblog-ing!